We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The Black Pear tomato got its name due to its shape and dark color. Perfect for those who decide to breed unusual species of this vegetable crop on the site. The beneficial properties contained in them are not inferior to yellow and red tomatoes.
Description and characteristics of the species
All connoisseurs of unusual and tasty tomatoes will like the Black Pear tomato. It is not difficult to grow it, it is enough to fulfill the requirements for planting and care. It all depends on the region of location, for example, Siberian weather requires growing under a film cover.
- Bush: indeterminate.
- Barrel: hard.
- Stem: Powerful and thick.
- Height: 1.5-1.8 m.
- Ripening period (from planting seeds to harvesting): 110-130 days.
- First inflorescence: over 10 leaves.
- Fruiting: long-term.
- Shape: pear-shaped, looks like a pear.
- Mass: 50-90 gr.
- Color: dark burgundy, dark brown.
- The flesh is the same color as the rind.
- Skin: thin.
- Density: high.
- Transportability: excellent.
The description of the tomato variety will help determine the choice for those who doubt the positive qualities of the plant. After reviewing the information, you can immediately conclude that the plant is useful and positively characterized. Those who planted this type of tomato on their plots were pleased with the results.
Mostly tomato cultivation takes place in greenhouses. (Central Russia and Siberia). In the southern regions, open field planting is possible. The land must be well fertilized. It is best to plant tomatoes in places where there is protection from the wind and a lot of sun. Watering preferably with warm water, this will accelerate fruiting and increase the yield.
Tomato seeds for seedlings, can be planted between February and April. It can be planted in the ground 50-70 days after germination. Depending on the region and weather conditions, the landing dates are calculated individually.
It is recommended to grow tomatoes on a trellis, forming a plant in two trunks. To do this, leave the shoot that formed under the first brush. The rest are removed. It is imperative to tie up.
During the growth of Black Pear tomatoes, it is necessary to periodically apply fertilizer, loosen and remove weeds.
The high acidity of the soil affects the color of the grown tomatoes, they turn dirty pink.
To increase the fruiting period and yield, the growing point should be removed in a timely manner. This process is performed after the appearance of 8 brushes.
With proper care and compliance with all planting requirements, the tomato yield is very high. One plant produces 3 to 4 kg. If planted at 1 m2 4 bushes, you can get a harvest of up to 15 kg.
Tomatoes begin to sing from July. If the summer is warm, the fruits are sweet.
It is best to allow the fruits to ripen on the bushes; when removed from the plant, they lose their taste.
Characteristics of the tomato variety in relation to resistance and susceptibility to disease.
- Blackleg. Stems and leaves are affected. The causative agent is a fungus. Initially, the plants are planted at a great distance from each other. And they reduce the amount of watering. For prevention purposes, trichodermin is introduced into the soil before planting.
- Fusarium. Young tomatoes are susceptible to the disease. Favorable conditions for the spread of the disease are high air temperatures and insufficient lighting. They fight him as follows. The diseased plant is removed along with the soil in which it grew. The rest, for prophylaxis, are treated with phytosporin.
- Dangerous pests such as:
- Whitefly. For prevention, tobacco is planted against them, the vents are closed.
- Spider mite. The insect is very small, but dangerous in that it starts up in whole colonies, destroys the plant, completely sucking the juices out of it. To combat them, the bush is treated with Fitoverm.
Black pear tomatoes are great for all types of canning. They are used to decorate a festive table, prepare salads.
Tomatoes are used for juicing, and due to their shape and color are great for mixed vegetables. Canned as a whole, the result is a great taste and appearance.
Positive and negative sides of the variety
The black pear tomato has its own strengths and weaknesses, like any other tomato variety.
- Contains carotene and vitamins C and A.
- Contains antioxidants.
- Anthocyanins in their composition help to strengthen the immune system.
- Lycopene prevents the formation of tumors.
- Not susceptible to late blight, rot and cladosporium.
- Stores well and retains its presentation for a long time.
- The fruiting process is quite long.
- The yield is high.
- The fruits do not crack.
- The taste is high.
- It is imperative to remove stepsons.
- Demanding on the composition of the soil.
Experienced and novice gardeners
Doubts about planting a certain tomato variety are often resolved by looking for an answer on the Internet. Reviews of people who were involved in the cultivation of Black Pear:
- Oksana. Believes that tomatoes are best eaten fresh. Since, due to the delicate skin, it is impossible to preserve them.
- Marina. I grew various varieties of pear-shaped tomatoes, I was very pleased with the result and characteristics of the plant.
- Galina. An attempt to grow a Black Pear tomato on the site was unsuccessful. After the fruit appears, the plant begins to rot.
- Helena. I accidentally grew several plants on my site. I did not read the description, so the recommendations were not taken into account. She raised several stepsons, forming a bush in 4 trunks. I collected 2 buckets of tomato from each. Consecration was enough, the distance between the plants was about 70 cm.