We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Average ripening time of a tomato, most suitable for any kind of canning. The Palmira tomato is used for everything, including freezing and drying.
Basic ideas about the variety
The detailed characteristics of the variety are studied by beginners for a reason. This information helps to correctly position the plant on the site, to prevent mistakes when growing.
- 1.9-2 m in height.
- 5-8 tomatoes per cluster.
- Ripens within 105-110 days.
- Orange color. Elongated shape.
- Weight 90 gr., Length 8-10 cm.
- The pulp is firm.
- Great taste.
- Stored for a long time.
- It tolerates transportation well.
How to plant and care for a plant
The tomato is suitable for growing in any environment, open ground, greenhouse, film shelters. The sowing time of the seeds is calculated independently. It depends on the growing region. 2 months before planting in a permanent place, the seed is sown in the prepared soil.
Be sure to carry out a pick, it makes the seedlings stronger. Placement in separate containers is carried out at the formation phase 2 of this sheet.
Compliance with temperature and lighting helps tomatoes to strengthen the root system.
Timely feeding is essential to create a reliable start for the plants. Observing all the requirements for growing, they get high-quality tomato seedlings that are ready for the upcoming stressful situations.
Seedlings are considered ready for transplanting when 6-7 true leaves are finally formed. They are planted 3-4 pieces. 1 m2... Tomatoes require shaping and tying to supports. Not all stepsons are removed, leaving the main stem and 2 processes.
Many gardeners advise using drip irrigation, and those who do not have this opportunity are watered in the usual way. It is best to do this with warm water after the sun begins to set.
Tomatoes need feeding, they do it at least 2 times:
- During the flowering period.
- During the ripening period.
Palmira tomatoes are immune to most diseases. But do not relax, you need to carefully monitor the appearance of the bush.
If there are any deviations, it is imperative to take action. Tomatoes are processed with special chemical solutions or using folk methods.
Fruit application and yield
As the description shows, this type of vegetable is versatile. It is suitable for:
- Fresh consumption in salads, soups and other dishes.
- All types of canning for the winter.
- Processing for juices, ketchups and sauces.
- Drying, drying and freezing.
The tomato variety is called "hard worker" by gardeners for its high yield. From 1 plant, you can get up to 5 kg of vegetables. Of course, subject to compliance with all the rules and requirements.
Positive and negative characteristics
Positive characteristics raise the grade's rating. This is another reason for choosing this species.
- Stable and high yield
- Disease immunity.
- Good preservation of the product during long-term transportation.
- Versatility of use.
- Demanding, care needs to be shaped and tied up.
What summer residents say about Palmira tomatoes
Various reviews about the variety, mainly characterize the plant positively. By sharing their experience and impressions, gardeners help beginners to make a choice.
- Helena. I liked everything, advises growing in a greenhouse. Calls it "hard worker", as the ovaries are based without a pass.
- Svetlana. She planted the variety in a greenhouse, formed it into 2 stems. The taste is excellent, it can be stored for a long time.
The high density of Palmira tomatoes can be grown for sale or storage.