We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Experienced gardeners and gardeners often opt for the strong and fruitful prince eggplant bushes. The variety is easily cultivated on a large scale, and when grown alone, it does not require a lot of diligence and experience. The fruits are unpretentious and fast growing. In our article, you will learn all the secrets of growing, caring for and feeding a plant.
Description and characteristics of the variety
Description of the early maturing variety:
- in the greenhouse, the bushes grow up to a meter in height;
- in open ground, the maximum height of the bushes reaches 70 centimeters;
- the fruit has an even, shiny color;
- has complex resistance to the mosaic virus;
- the shape of the fruit is cylindrical or ovoid;
- bushes - high-yielding, with good care, about 7 kilograms of fruit can be harvested from a square meter;
- eggplants grow up to 5-7 centimeters in diameter, 20-30 centimeters long, select fruits, large, weighing up to 200 grams;
- the variety has high taste, pulp without bitterness, white color.
- fruits are convenient for cooking, as they contain a minimum of seeds;
- the variety is consistently productive;
- ripe fruits have thin skin;
- due to the high percentage of yield, you can save on the territory for planting bushes, the plant does not take up much space;
- after the end of the growing season, new fruits appear weekly;
- retains high taste during conservation;
- after emergence, technical maturity occurs after about 115 days;
- there are no thorns on the calyx;
- leaves are medium in size.
"Black Prince" does not apply to hybrids, so you can harvest seeds for the next season, which fully retain all the characteristics of the variety.
Useful properties of eggplant Black Prince
The composition of the fruit contains a small amount of fat, 90% water, little protein and practically no sugar. Therefore, it is suitable for nutrition for everyone who follows a healthy lifestyle and adheres to a diet.
- has antiallergic and anti-inflammatory effect due to the vitamin C included in the composition;
- vitamin A helps to normalize metabolic processes in the body;
- vitamin B2 strengthens hair, improves skin condition;
- the nervous system becomes stronger thanks to vitamin B1;
- folic acid has a beneficial effect on red blood cells;
- fruits cleanse the body of cholesterol, this helps prevent the risks of developing atherosclerosis and heart disease;
- with the constant use of fruits, metabolism is significantly improved;
- neutralizes free radicals, thereby protecting the body from neoplasms;
- has a beneficial effect on the condition of the bones;
- fruits help the body fight infections.
All of these properties are possessed by heat-treated eggplants. Raw fruits are toxic and poisonous.
Plant growing rules
To get the maximum yield of strong fruits, you should pay special attention to the rules of sowing and growing.
When to plant
Before you start growing seedlings, you need to decide on the place where the bushes will grow: open ground or a greenhouse. For the plant to grow in greenhouse conditions, it is necessary to start sowing seeds in mid-February. They are transplanted into greenhouses at the end of April.
Seeds for open ground are planted in mid-March. Seedlings are transplanted to the garden bed when the probability of frost is excluded. This happens in the second half of June, in some areas - in early July.
Due to the weak root system, they must be transplanted with a clod of earth.
Sowing and growing seedlings
By following simple guidelines, you can grow beautiful and strong seedlings:
- Place the seeds in a weak solution of potassium permanganate and hold for half an hour. This will help disinfect the planting material. Then rinse the seeds with plain water.
- In order for the germination to be of high quality and fast, it is recommended to wrap the prepared seeds in cloth bags and place them in a special solution. To do this, dilute a teaspoon of wood ash in a liter of water. After two days, the seeds are dried for a day in a room with a temperature of +30 degrees.
- It is recommended to plant seeds in separate containers filled with a mixture of peat and earth. The seed is immersed in the center of the container to a depth of half a centimeter and covered with foil. When planting in common boxes, they maintain a distance of 5 centimeters between seeds.
- Unlike many varieties, the seedlings of the Black Prince are kept in a darkened but warm place. Ideal location next to the battery.
- When the first shoots appear, they are transferred to daylight. At night, cover the seedlings with a dark film.
- Water the seedlings only at room temperature with water no more than once a week. In order not to wash out the roots of the first shoots, the plant is sprayed. When the seedlings become strong, watered under the root and make sure that moisture does not get on the leaves.
Dive seedlings as needed, a week after germination in a substrate of humus and peat. Seedlings are held by the leaves and carefully removed from the container. The soil is watered abundantly in advance. The procedure is carried out very carefully so as not to damage the root system.
How to care for a plant
The black prince does not tolerate the neighborhood with potatoes, peppers and tomatoes. It is necessary to constantly monitor the condition of the bushes, to feed them on time and correctly.
Watering, weeding and loosening
After planting, the bushes must be watered every three days. After 14 days, the number of waterings is reduced to once a week. Warm water is required. A small depression is made around the plant. This helps more water reach the roots. Then the plant is regularly weeded and loosened in a timely manner.
If the soil under the seedling dries up quickly, then the number of watering is increased.
It is recommended to loosen the soil around the trunk every day after watering, when the water is completely absorbed. Watering is carried out in the early morning hours or in the evening.
It is necessary to feed the plant correctly and on time. The first is carried out immediately after the dive. Further - every week.
The best fertilizers for the Black Prince:
- potassium chloride;
- ammonium nitrate;
In the process, the manufacturer's recommendations are strictly followed. Before transplanting into the ground, fertilize with humus. Some gardeners prefer to feed the bushes in combination with fertilizers, diluted horse manure and wood ash.
To increase the yield of a crop, it is necessary to properly form a bush. For abundant fruiting, three stems are left, over which a wire is pulled, to which each stem is tied. Remove excess shoots only when their length is 5 centimeters.
During the growth of the bush, it is necessary to constantly remove the leaves that shade the flowers. The fruits are tied when direct sunlight falls on the inflorescences.
Disease and pest control
Pest control is carried out regularly. Bushes are examined for insects every day. Chemical preparations can be processed before the appearance of the first ovaries. Further, they are removed only by hand.
- spider mite;
- Colorado beetle;
A fine mesh stretched around the bushes will help protect the bushes from the raids of the Colorado potato beetle.
The variety is endowed with immunity to the virus:
- tobacco mosaic;
- cucumber mosaic.
Tolerant to all other possible diseases.
Harvesting and storage
They begin harvesting when the fruits acquire a characteristic purple color with a glossy effect. As a rule, eggplants fully ripen one month after flowering.
The fruits ripen gradually, so it is recommended to harvest once a week.
When cutting, two centimeters of the tail are left - this guarantees long-term storage of the crop. It is important to remove the fruits from the bush on time. Overripe specimens will become bitter.
For storage, choose a cool and dark room. Place the fruits in one layer. After two weeks, only strong, dense specimens are left. They are wrapped in plastic bags. If all recommendations are followed, the fruits retain their freshness for about three months.